Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Day 65: On the Road Again

Good morning Gamecocks and fellow readers!

      Hopefully you are doing well on this wonderful Tuesday morning! Today has finally seen to the return of sunshine here in Baton Rouge as it has been raining the past couple of days. The weather is starting to get a bit colder, so it's time to break out the jeans and jackets.

      Last week was a very exciting week! The students here at LSU finally got to take a break from testing and assignments and leave Wednesday for fall break! I left immediately after class and headed West towards the city of Dallas, Texas, with my girlfriend to visit her family. It was a long seven hour drive and there was not a whole a lot between here and there. If you ever want to travel from Baton Rouge to Dallas, make sure you stop for gas in bigger towns as its usually cheaper. Any of the stops in between will more than likely sell you more expensive gas. After watching the beautiful Texas sunset, we arrived in Texas without any major complications.

     As I learned in the days that ensued, there certainly is not a lack of things to do in Dallas. We were busy each and every day. In Dallas, there are malls everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Not only is there mall every couple of blocks it feels, but the malls themselves are also massive. You would be hard pressed to find a shop in a Texas mall that didn't suit your needs. We also enjoyed a hefty game of Top Golf, where I found out that you don't always have to be good at golf to have a good time. I also had my first taste of an In-N-Out burger and it was pretty good for how fast they made it.

      Later in the week, my girlfriend's family and I traveled further into downtown. There we visited the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, which was a fantastic experience! The Perot had an exhibit on just about any topic you can think of. It also had plenty of interactive experiences that allowed to be engaged with the exhibits. After the Perot, we went to El Fenix for lunch. El Fenix is a true Tex-Mex restaurant and the food there was pretty incredible. It's definitely worth a visit if you are ever in Dallas. We ended the day by walking around downtown and visiting the infamous spot where Kennedy was shot.

     Overall, I can safely say that we only covered a fraction of what Dallas had offer and it was amazing! If you are ever have the chance to visit, I would whole heartedly recommend it. I know for me at least, I miss the experience a whole lot.

One of the exhibits from the Perot.


No comments:

Post a Comment