Monday, November 18, 2019

Day 92: Home: So Close and Yet so Far

      Good Afternoon Gamecocks and fellow readers! Things are warming up a little bit here in Louisiana. Last week's cold front seems to have temporarily stopped as today was fairly warm. For context, last week was so cold that everyone could see their breath. Officials were even worried that the roads would freeze over and school would have to be cancelled! Fortunately (or unfortunately for some), school was not cancelled and we have had some pretty nice days.

      Last week was more or less pretty similar to the week before. Lots of studying and exams; it was perhaps the biggest exam week for me thus far. None the less, I managed to survive all the exams that were thrown at me. I will admit though, it was also the week I probably missed home the most. This is the longest time I have been away from home. Deciding to go to Texas instead of home for Fall break definitely factored into that. However, I am very excited to come home for Fall break. The connections I made with the people here and the experiences I have had also made the experience easier. Always surround yourself with good people and life's hardships will get easier.

      Advisement for USC was definitely another challenge that I had to overcome. My advisor and I decided to handle my advisement for next semester over email. In hindsight, I really wish we had chosen to call instead. We exchanged emails back and forth for about a month (up until my day of registration). I cannot help but wonder if we could have finished those talks in a thirty minute phone call (normal advisement length). For any students, I would definitely talk to your advisor about handling it over the phone should you consider participating in NSE. None the less, we managed finish my advisement and I am all set to return next semester.

That's all for this week folks. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment